Jam is one of the many things that is super easy to make with the help of your Thermomix. To make jam you need fruit, spices of your choice, sugar and pectin. With the help of pectin your jam gets the typical jelly like consistency.
Pectin is sold in stores as a powder, you can also find jam – sugar, that contains sugar and pectin. However, most likely you already have natural pectin in the house: apples.
Pectin is a fiber found in most in legumes and fruit. The highest amount of pectin have apples, oranges, grapefruit and apricots. In order for your jam to have the jelly like consistency you simply have to add these fruits to your jam. (If you use an orange, you have to use the whole fruit including the skin.)
This is how you make strawberry jam. You can exchange strawberries with any fruit you like. And add spices auch as vanilla or cinnamon.
- 17.5 ounces of fruit
- 1 peeled lemon cut in half
- 10.5 ounces of sugar
- 7 ounces of apple cut in 4th with skin
- Put all ingredients into your Thermomix
- Blend for 10 seconds on 6
2. Use the specula and scrape down the sides.
3. Insert simmering basket to prevent splashing instead of the measuring cup.
4. Cook for 30 minutes, Varoma on 1.
5. Fill the jam into hot mason jars and close to cool.
What is your favorite jam? Have you made it in the Thermomix? What do you like most about your Thermomix?